Monday, November 17, 2008

Christmas Crunch

It is time to buckle down and get some of these Christmas gifts made. I finally got the Topsy Turvy doll completed that I was working on for my niece. The yarn was kind of a pain so I kept putting it off. It finally dawned on me though that Christmas will be here before we know it. I need to get the gifts done that need to be mailed. Lots to do and little time to do it in. I can't wait until this semester is over. Then it's going to be crafting 24/7 to get everything completed on time.
Anyway, the pattern for this doll is from Gourmet Crochet. I knew when I saw the pattern for the Topsy Turvy doll, I had to buy it. My great grandmother made me a topsy turvy doll when I was little. It was red riding hood and the wolf. It was a sewn, not crocheted. I would give anything to have it back along with the nativity she made me (crocheted). I have no clue what happened to any of that. I was really a destructive little child. I do have the little indian doll she made me (minus a shoe.) I am glad I have something she made me. She was really talented. Actually I should note that all my grandmothers were crafty women. Must be where I get it from! Note to self: when kids get homemade toys, put them up when they are bored with them. They will want them as adults.

Anyway, here is the dolly. I am going to try to get two more made for Anna and Sierra. I think I am going to do Sierra's in lavender. We will see if I get them done. With all of my plans for Christmas gifts, I should have started in July! LOL

Here is one side of the doll. I like this side best.

Photobucket

Here is the other.

Photobucket

I was really pleased with how it turned out.

No comments: